Saturday, December 18, 2010

Not Decking the Halls


Just call me Scrooge, but we are not decking the halls like every other person on the planet. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas and find myself listening to Bing Crosby from time to time; however, I do get overwhelmed with people going OTT (over the top) because they are OOC (out of control). I mean seriously, must you change out every hand towel, tissue box and soap dispenser for red and green? I realize that this doesn't apply to all, but some people are as bad as Sandra Lee and her "tablescapes." I'm not against decorations, just all for moderation. But before you brand me as an anti-holiday-decorite; here are the real reasons why we are not decorating:

1. We will be in Utah for Christmas.
2. We have a toddler - enough said.
3. We can't afford the ridiculously overpriced decorations that I desire. I'm kind of a snob.

So, instead of decorations I get to be picky about wrapping paper. Although, I must admit, I do have a homemade wreath on our back door, which I made at our congregation's annual wreathmaking event and I'm quite proud of myself for it.

With that said, Happy Holidays from your east coast-snobbish friend whom is not a decorator.



No comments: