Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Montréal

To celebrate our 6 years of marriage, we went to Montreal with our travel buddies, Marci and Adam and had a fabulous time. The food was amazing, which means we probably gained 5 lbs each; however, we did try to counter that with running, biking, and lots of walking.
Everyone in Montreal was so friendly and I would definitely go back just for the food (I'm still craving yummy chocolates and macarons). We got some great restaurant recommendations, but there was a shocking lack of shopping (Marci and I are already scheming to return for a shopping trip).
I felt like Montreal was similar to Cambridge and Boston in a lot of ways and could see myself living there. It's a nice mixture of American and European influences and yes, I'm fine with socialized medicine. I also love that everyone is bilingual in English and French....so jealous.

Downtown

aaahhhh, so cute

Notre Dame

Visiting Old Montreal

Very much the tourists here...but an accurate picture

Chloe's chocolates were my favorite

Montreal is extremely bike friendly, which you can rent all over the city and return at different locations.

The most amazing chocolate and lemon doughnuts I've ever had = food heaven.

Divine french toast

Yummy baked eggs for Adam

Don't know why I'm smiling here since I'm in 2nd place.

jardin botanique

Olympic Parc

Biodome

Our B&B, which was located in a cool part of town (not touristy). Every house has curved stairs.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Megan said...

Montreal is such a fun place to visit. When we visited a few years ago we did not get good restaurant recommendations, but the food looks excellent. We will have to go back. Hopefully you guys tried poutine!

Cagney and Laci said...

That looks like such a fun trip! What a cute place. Happy anniversary!

Tracy Laverty said...

Looks like a beautiful Euro-like city to visit. Happy Anniversary! Love your B&B that you stayed in.

Emily said...

Super fun! I always love your posts! Good to see you guys are documenting your lives, which I fail to do, and enjoying it!

Rachel Durazzani said...

This totally makes me want to go to Montreal. Great pictures! What a fun trip!