There are times I like to pretend that I am creative and crafty, so a couple weeks ago I tackled a few different house projects.
1. Made a necklace organizer. This was incredibly easy and I love how it turned out. I already had the white frame and the fabric, so I bought some foam core board and cut it to fit the frame and then stapled the fabric to the foam core board. Then I attached it to the frame (like you would with a picture - keep the back of the frame) and then hung it on my bedroom wall behind the door. I have clear push pins holding the necklaces. Now I have tangle-free necklaces.

2. Rearranged some items in Charlotte's room. I moved her mirror above her little jackets and added this poster of Martha's Vineyard ABC's, which I actually bought years ago when I was in high school (not really sure why).
The frame was originally black, so I spray painted it white.
I still love this mirror so I put it above her jackets, but her jackets needed to be lowered so she could reach them.


3. Updated baskets. Instead of buying a new fruit basket (which sits in the corner of our kitchen) I spray painted it grey and now it seems brand new. Before it was the same color of the wood paneling. I also spray painted our laundry basket the same color grey (no picture) which was an improvement.


4. Kitchen island makeover. This project took more time, but received the biggest change. I painted the island grey, got some new baskets (which are still on trial), reorganized kid dishes, and put up new art above it. The picture I got from Etsy and framed it with an IKEA frame.





5 comments:
Wow! Your projects look great! I really like the kitchen cart makeover. That makes a huge difference. ALSO I'm super jealous that you found such a cool Boston print on etsy. I've been looking for months and months and haven't had any luck finding anything.
You are really crafty. The necklace holder is a great idea!
Wow Aubs- I love your makeovers! The kitchen table looks great in grey. And I think I might copy you on your jewelry hanging.
can I borrow you for a little while! you make everything go from cute and good, to great and fab! You never cease to amaze me. We all miss you. Or maybe I just miss you so much that it spills into everyone else!
pretend to be crafty? umm, you are! love all your projects! xo
Post a Comment