So, I'm not a grinch this year like I was last year and I have proof. After 6 years of being together we put up our first Christmas tree, stockings, and mailed our first Christmas cards (just to family, sorry). To some of you this is nothing, but it's a lot of firsts for me and feels very adultish. I don't know why I have this weird hang up with holiday decorating....I like Christmas and sometimes like it when other people decorate (moderately), but I think it can often look like Santa threw up everywhere and I can't handle that.
However, I did unintentionally make a massive wreath at this lovely event last week. I really wanted a small wreath for our door and somehow ended up with one half my size. I put it on our door, which then wouldn't shut, so I had to give it a haircut.

Charlotte's first ornament

No chimney for stockings

Wreathmaking


Our first Christmas card from Teaplant Photography. I love our Christmas cards but only ordered enough for family because I'm taking baby steps.
So in the spirit of Christmas, I'll end with:

2 comments:
i'm definitely more of a minimalist when it comes to christmas decorating also (a tree is about all that fits in our house anyway)! i love your Christmas card- it's adorable!!
I had a few too many Christmas decorations in our apartment. Fortunately our toddler broke a few of our decorations, so we have the right amount now.
Your card is cute! I love your pictures.
Post a Comment