Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Laurel Ave

Last week I said good-bye to the house I grew up in. My parents have sold their home (that they have lived in for the last 22 years) and are currently living on Martha's Vineyard until they leave for Utah in July. 

It feels very odd and almost surreal. I've known this day would come for a while now, but I'm not sure it has really hit me yet. I'm going to miss driving out and seeing my parents on a regular basis and I know Charlotte definitely will. It's probably better she doesn't really understand what's happening.  





4 comments:

Liz said...

I just said goodbye to my parents on Saturday for the last time before they leave! It's horrible! That house brings back a lot of memories from the good ol days!

mia said...

such a beautiful home! fun memories there visiting you in boston! so sorry you had to say goodbye to it!

Bianca said...

I'm sad about your Grandpa and Laurel Ave. I have addressed lots of letters there, and thank you cards, and christmas cards! I am so sentimental about places, too. So great to talk to you today- love you lots and lots and lots. xx

Unknown said...

So many, MANY people are going to miss your parents!!