
Somehow between writing my midterm and other planned activities, I was able to attend the
GCWS Conference this past weekend on gender, sexuality, and urban spaces. Luckily the conference was hosted by MIT, so I could easily go back and forth. It was a great conference and made me want to attend more like it. Also, it was nice to take a break from the topic of domestic violence and discuss other related issues to women's studies. The conference theme was exploring how space (i.e. living practices or urban space) influences gender and vice versa. It was an interesting topic and created fascinating discussions. Other dominate themes included queer theory and the impacts of gender on the LGBT community. Overall it was a great conference and I hope to attend more like it in the future.
1 comment:
Have you ever seen "Born into Brothels" or "Who Does She Think She Is?" Both documentaries are by a filmmaker out of Winchester and explore gender issues. I haven't seen "Born into Brothels," but have heard good things and think you'd be interested in it. I have seen the latter (my older sis is in it) and recommend it as well.
Post a Comment