There are days I feel that I've overdosed on the subject of violence (specifically towards women and children) that it's hard to believe in a different perspective. Between my class, readings, and listening to individuals at the women's center - I can get a little overwhelmed. I can only imagine what social workers and therapists go through on a daily basis. However, I would not change it. For me, I'd rather be aware of my surroundings than plea ignorance or denial.
So, how do I combat these overwhelming emotions? Lots of way. For example I should be writing my midterm, but instead I will share a superficial outlet - home projects. Here are my finished projects that I talked about in a previous post.
I finally framed and matted this picture, which took more time than it looks. The frame is an odd size, so I had to put some creativity into the mats.
I spray painted the frames red and I love the contrast of colors. If only I could get rid of the wood paneling (it's hideous, I know).
And yes, I did put a bird on it.
P.S. When I say superficial I am making fun of myself. That was in no way intended to offend those whom love home projects. In fact, my guilty pleasure is looking at design blogs and trying to fool myself that I can be creative too.
3 comments:
so cute aubs! lookin good. when i first read the title of your post on my blog i thought it said OOC, like we always used to say. but seriously. your decorating skillz are OOC
Very cute! It is good to have distractions when you are busy in school.
I love the art you ordered! You did such a great job framing them. The red looks really great with the blue pictures. Nice pops of color. You have such a good eye!
Post a Comment