One traditional activity to do in New England during the spring is to go to a maple farm. Most people go to Parker's in NH, but on Saturday we went to Turtle Lane Maple Farm in North Andover. It is smaller, but operated by a family in their backyard. They've built a sugar house and were boiling sap while we were there. They gave a great tour with lots of samples and explained the process of making maple sugar, syrup, cream, candy, and ice cream. I was converted to the maple cream (aka maple butter), so of course we had to buy some.

Tapping maples

All the different grades of maple syrup

In the sugar house: lots of steam from boiling the sap

Proof that I was in attendance
1 comment:
Chris went to Maple farms on his mission and has always told me how great they are.
Your coat and hair are so cute. I should take some style advice from you. Also, thanks so much for the class advice!
Post a Comment