Tuesday, October 25, 2011

HOTC

This past weekend was the 47th Head of The Charles, which is one of the world's largest rowing regattas. We spent most of the day on Saturday walking around, visiting different vendors and watching the races from various spots along the 3 mile course. On Sunday I volunteered for the regatta at one of the many information booths and collected yet another jacket too big for me (see last years post here).

But I enjoy the excitement within the rowing world and hope to compete in this regatta someday. When I go rowing, we usually row the same course as the HOTC so it's a familiar course. This year we cheered on our mens 4 from our rowing club, whom I have helped coxed a few times. They did well for their event.

It was a fun and exciting weekend.





The course (notice the sharp curves)



1 comment:

Charlene said...

You look snazzy in your jacket, even if it is too big.