Monday, October 25, 2010

Head of the Charles 2010

This past weekend was the annual Head of the Charles Regatta, which is one of the world's largest rowing events. Over 8,000 athletes compete and over 300,000 spectators show up. We've missed this event the past couple of years because we've been out of town or have had other activities; but this year I wasn't going to miss it.

Not only was I interested in seeing some of the races, but I decided to volunteer. I was assigned to the information booth near the finish line. Luckily we had a large binder with lots of info, but we still got plenty of questions like, "where's my nephew?" etc. I'm sorry, we didn't put gps trackers on everyone this year.

Anyway, it was still fun and interesting to get a peek into the rowing world. My next goal is to compete in this regatta. Maybe not next year, but perhaps one day.

"Just around the river bend"

Standing on Anderson Bridge facing Harvard

Me with my snazzy volunteer jacket

Near the finish line

No comments: