Does anyone remember this book, or is this just a New England book for kids? (Stuart never heard of it - poor Utah kid). Anyway, I remember loving this book - mostly because picking blueberries is a favorite pastime among the Hiers.
Our new find - this bush was loaded with plump blueberries along our lane
The Lane
Charlotte tagged along - typical since she's my shadow as my sister likes to say.
Yup, we had that book. It just might not have been in Stuart's interest level. Blueberry waffles are the best! Charlotte looks grown-up sitting in the stroller. I need to hold her.
Okay yes, I am a utah kid from the same family, and searched and searched for that book. Actually Kate was carrying it the other day, I took it from her and said, this is mommy's special book. I don't let them add it to their desecrated shelve of books. One of my favorites, also "one morning in maine," and "make way for ducklings." We love all those here at our house.
8 comments:
i definitely remember this book. although, i was a new england kid.
we read that book allll the time. so sweet. and that was in oregon. so it made it to the coasts, not sure about the middle.
I grew up in Utah...and I definitely grew up on that book!!!! Love it!! :)
As a teacher, it's a well known children's book...but I've never read it! Just had my first experience picking blueberries in Ma, it was fun!
I don't know what Stuart is smoking, cuz I am pretty sure that we had that book. Actually, I loved that book....
Yup, we had that book. It just might not have been in Stuart's interest level. Blueberry waffles are the best! Charlotte looks grown-up sitting in the stroller. I need to hold her.
Okay yes, I am a utah kid from the same family, and searched and searched for that book. Actually Kate was carrying it the other day, I took it from her and said, this is mommy's special book. I don't let them add it to their desecrated shelve of books. One of my favorites, also "one morning in maine," and "make way for ducklings." We love all those here at our house.
Oh and the pout! So cute, she is so adorable.
oh and those hydrangeas, amazing! Love them~
Post a Comment