We never painted Charlotte's room before she was born; something I've always regretted. So, we decided to do a little room makeover (when I say "we" I mean me).
The paint color is a little bright, but I love it! Yes, it is the same color from the wanted Pottery Barn room - called Antiguan Sky by Benjamin Moore.
(p.s. That chair is my next project)
We added a small hook rail that is right behind the door.
My seamstress (aka my mother) is a master at sewing and proved herself again with the pink toile curtains. It is actually a shower curtain cut and sewed into two panels. It's the Waverly shower curtain from Target. We then lined the curtains with blackout fabric, which we purchased at Joanne's at a total of $6.00. The blackout fabric is thick and really makes a difference when it's nap/bedtime.
I didn't want to buy new bedding - so I reversed the bumper.
Lastly, I created these pom poms - that's right, I did them myself. I found the pictures here and instructions here. It was very easy and inexpensive.
On to the next project.....
7 comments:
oh my heck, how is she so adorable! What are those puffs?
looks so great! i love the paint color, curtains, adorable bedding... why haven't i ever seen pictures of the nursery??
oh but i really love charlotte the most!
The nursery looks great! You can't really tell in the pics just how bright (and beautiful) the paint color really is. AND I love the pink puffs. Great idea.
you've made Pottery Barn proud w/ this room- the best part of the room is Mini enjoying her little chair- too cute!
I love the new color. And I so need to make those puffs now! I love it. Looks like baby Char is happy too!
Look who has become Miss Crafty! The puffs are darling. The wall color looks very soft in the pictures. I can't wait to see it in person. Mini looks happy in her polka dot chair.
Aubrey, you are becoming an interior designer- even if the inspiration does come from Pottery Barn. And thank you for the before and afters. The before was cute too- but you have made a wow factor! You should hire on mom.
With Charlottes hair getting longer- it makes her look more grown-up. She is so pretty.
Great job Aubs.
Post a Comment