Monday, June 30, 2008

Those summer days...

I went down to MV on Wednesday with my sister Trisha and then Stuart came down on Friday. It was a beautiful weekend and so nice to get away from the world for a little bit. However, Monday has hit hard and now it's time to play catch up.

Being there made me want to stay even more and forget about being an "adult" and take the whole summer off. I remember when I learned that my dad didn't get the summer off and I was shocked that he still had work. Oh the good ol' days of summer and not having a care. I'm not sure if I like this whole "adult" thing.

Although, I came home with some mosquito bites and blisters on my hands from rowing - I can deal with those. It's office politics that should be avoided like the plague....if possible.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I know what you mean. My first summer (last summer) of being a working adult was really hard. We were pretty busy then, so I only took one day off between May and August. The most summery think that you can do at an office is to drink a smoothie! Good luck! Going to Martha's Vineyard on the weekends should help.